Vocabulary

1. Lament- a passionate expression of grief or sorrow
2. Anaphora- the use of word referring to or replacing a word used earlier in a sentence, to avoid
repetition such as "do" and "I like it" and "so do they"
3. Paradox- a seemingly absurd or self-contradictory statement or proposition that when investigated for explained may prove to be well founded or true
4. Contentious- causing or likely to cause an argument; controversial
 5. Incongruous- not in harmony or keeping with the surrounds or other aspects of something
6. Obsolete- no longer produced or used; out of date
7.Disheartening- causing someone to lose determination or confidence
8. Enjambment- the continuation of a sentence with a pause beyond the line, couplet, or stanza
9. Opulence- great wealth
10. Drouth- a drought

During the late night drouth, I sit back with pen and paper and write down all of my laments wondering will there be anyone to listen to my story. Some things I write may be contentious, but my journal full of enjambments is not all disheartening. There are many times when I write about my feeling of opulence. Even though in the paradox world we live in, not everything has to be incongruous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feb. 5, 2019

My Weekend

Feb. 17, 2019